United Arab Emirates

Dr pls advise me of b hcg doubling in every 36 hours indicate molar pregnancy? im 5 w 2 days my level is 3222 now

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not necessarily: An HCG that doubles in 36 hours does not necessarily mean a molar pregnancy. I would recommend a repeat level in 48-72 hours and an ultrasound in one week to be sure what is going on. The good news is that the HCG is rising so the pregnancy is living and growing. Your dates could be off slightly, it could be a multiple gestation, or there could be a lab error. One lab value seldom means anything.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jul 31, 2015