Please help me! i have a massive amount of scratched mosquito bite scabs! my legs look horrible. any quick remedies? thanks!
2 doctor answers • 3 doctors weighed in
A Verified Doctoranswered
HowToDitchTheItch: 1) Wear insect repellant when indicated,always
2) Wash twice a day with soap and water
3) Take Benadryl (diphenhydramine) for the itch
4) Topical cortisone cream for the real itchy spots
5) Watch for signs of infection
6) Kill all indoor mosquitoes
7) Cover scabs with makeup, nylons,pants,etc
8) Wear pants to bed to avoid scratching
9) If infected, see a doctor
10) If all else fails: Try Tincture of Johnny Walker
2.5k viewsAnswered >2 years ago
Dermatology 57 years experience
Cortisone cream: Prescription strength works best. Do not use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) unless at bedtime: it is a sleeping pill. Daily shower.
2.5k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Aug 1, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.