I have a very itchy scabs/rash that looks similar to flea bites only on my arms and legs for the last 2 months no change in detergent or diet no fleas?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Justin Greiwe answered

Specializes in Allergy and Immunology

Given the persistence of your rash I would make an appointment to see an Allergist or Dermatologist to further clarify what could be causing your symptoms. There are many causes of persistent rash including eczema, contact dermatitis, scabies, hives, etc. Without seeing your rash in person it is difficult to determine appropriate treatment. Try OTC topical corticosteroid cream in the meantime.

Answered Oct 26, 2016

2.9k views

Dr. Kyle Anders answered

Specializes in Internal Medicine

From the characteristics of the rash, you should still consider insect bites, especially if only exposed skin is affected as well as if anyone else is affected. You should allow the skin to heal by avoid scratching. Use Benadryl (diphenhydramine) to help decrease the itching. Use Neosporin on any open sores to cut down on infection. Ultimately, you should see your doc and maybe a Dermatologist for more help.

Answered Aug 11, 2015

2.9k views