Germany

Hello, i need help understanding the results of my measles-immunity-blood-test. on the result sheet it is indicated that the normal value for both igm and igg is <9. my igg value is 24.7, which i presume means that i have immunity to measles . my igm val

Dr. Claude Parola
Measles titer: a titer of igG of less than 9 means there was no previous exposure to measles or there was a previous exposure but the immunoglobulin level is decreasing, the level does not discriminate between post exposure to the actual virus or from immunization. Someone who is vaccinated against measles will have a high IgG level that is greater than 9 ( in this case 24.7)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu commented
Allergy and Immunology 58 years experience
Low IgM value means no current or very recent infection.
Jul 23, 2015
Dr. Katharine Cox
Pediatric Emergency Medicine 46 years experience
IgG: Elevation of your IgG means you are immunized. It follows the elevation of the IgM which occurs when you have an acute case of the measles. All the best.
Last updated Oct 7, 2015