FL

most people do not need any type of pain medicine other than aspirin after 2 dental implants? there is only very minor pain post operatively?

Dr. Louis Gallia
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 45 years experience
Usually: Usually pain is minor after implants. Have dentist prescribe a stronger med just in case.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
Many of my: patients required only one or two doses of NSAIDs. But remember each individual is different and reacts differently to surgical procedures.
Dr. Elton Behner
Dentistry 37 years experience
Provided original answer
Mishaps can happen... in the lower jaw placing an implant in the wrong position has led to it being placed in/on the mandibular nerve. In such a situation it would be very painful. Seek the help/care of an experienced surgeon. Using the 3D imaging technology available today, this should not happen.
Jul 23, 2015
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
Dentistry 40 years experience
Yup: Most people don't. In fact, after 25+ years of placing implants, it is difficult to recall a situation where the post operative recovery was anything other than smooth. Relax and do not give it a second thought.
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Post-op pain control: The pain is easily controlled with over the counter analgesics such as Tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. It is not common to prescribe narcotic analgesic if surgical procedure goes well, fast and without any complications.