Hi sir am having some kinda patch inside my mouth on right side. is this a serious problem cause am worried bout it please let me know..i smoke cgrtte?

10 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Gary Sandler answered

Specializes in Dentistry

Smoking: The "patch" would have to be personally examined by your own dentist, preferably an Oral Surgeon for a clinical diagnosis. Any type of tobacco increases your risk of cancer, regardless! It's your health and your life, and you must take responsibility for your actions.

Answered 7/23/2015

2.5k views

Dr. Theodore Davantzis answered

Specializes in Dentistry

More info needed...: This patch... how long do you have it? Does it rub off? White or red in color? As you can see, this needs to be Physically evaluated. Please see a local dentist.

Answered 7/23/2015

2.5k views

Dr. John Thaler answered

Specializes in Prosthodontics

Examination: Need more info and examination to know more. If it is white and remains after you reach in and stretch your cheek, then it is of concern. See the Oral Surgeon to evaluate this. As a smoker you are at a much greater risk of oral cancer. Make the appt. Good Luck.

Answered 7/23/2015

2.5k views

Dr. Paul Grin answered

Specializes in Pain Management

Smokers' Keratosis: White patches on the palate, tongue or the inside of the cheeks can be caused by smoking. In many cases the patches may disappear if you give up smoking. It is essential to see you dentist immediately so you can have peace of mind.

Answered 7/24/2015

2.5k views

Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

Patch: I'm sorry, "some kind of patch" is not a sufficient description. To be properly diagnosed you will have to see a Dentist or Oral Surgeon. The fact that you smoke puts you at risk for oral cancer. Please seek care immediately.

Answered 9/21/2016

968 views