U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 28-year-old female asked:

I'm trying to conceive since five months but unable to do that. my menstrual cycle has always been regular since i started menstruating (age of 12 years). i hardly had delayed periods may be four five times since this age. one thing that i noted my period

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Fertility testing: If you have been trying for 12 months or more without success then formal fertility testing is needed. Schedule a visit with fertility specialist. 3 basic tests are needed. 1. Ovulation testing 2. A semen analysis 3. An HSG Xray to make sure the tubes are open.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 13, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.