A male asked:

hi, i have been suffering from something feeling like it is stuck in my throat. i had my tonsils and adenoids removed a while ago, so i don't think that it is a tonsil stone, although from what i've read, the symptoms of a tonsil stone generally fit the f

Dr. William Culviner
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 30 years experience
LPR : Laryngopharygeal reflux is when a small amount of acid comes up into the throat and irritates it. It is a common cause of dry tickle cough, chronic sore throat, lump in the the throat , post nasal drip, phlegm in the throat, and throat clearing. It is also a contributing factor to ear eustachian tube and sinus problems. It responds well to proton pump inhibitor Rx. Discuss with your ENT.

Last updated Aug 2, 2019