U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old male asked:

I had elbow surgery to repair a displaced olecranon fracture 4 years ago and now have pins in my arm. it suddenly hurts to move and touch. what is it?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
See your MD: may the hardware ( pins ) is irritating see your orthopedic surgeon for possible removal .
Dr. Peter Ihle
Dr. Peter Ihle commented
Orthopedic Surgery 55 years experience
Pins in the Olecranon bursa R irritating the bursa and should have been removed upon full healing of the fracture.
Jul 21, 2015
Dr. Addagada Rao
General Surgery 57 years experience
Provided original answer
Thank You Yes Great comment by DR Ihie
Jul 21, 2015

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Nov 16, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.