VA

How long does risperdal withdrawal last i've been on it for a year and a half and my doctor stopped me cold turkey.

Dr. Patricia Foster
See doctor: In general the longer you've been on the med, the slower the taper if goal is to stop the Risperdal. Suggest you call prescribing doc to review how you feel, ask why med was stopped abruptly and what to do with withdrawal. You need medical supervision. If you can't reach doc, go to urgent care to review your med status/withdrawal symptoms. I hope this helps and you feel better.
Last updated Apr 30, 2016