i know you are in cardiolgy. but i need some advice on amoxicillin 500mg capsules. they are from 2011. i have had a wisdom tooth braking in some time now. and my dds has wanted me to wait to have it extracted. it is on my nerve line of my jaw. as of las

2 doctor answers
Dr. Richard Zimon
Antibiotics: do loose their potency after the date of expiration and there is no reason why your DDS won't prescribe "fresh" supply of appropriate antibiotic if he/she feels it's appropriate! Give the office a call!!!!! Hope this helps! Good Luck! Dr Z
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
Dr. Theodore Davantzis
39 years experience Dentistry
See an Oral Surgon: They are experts in dealing with wisdom teeth, regardless of their position. You don't know if you are even infected, and the old antibiotics have lost their potency anyway. Please call for an appointment to be evaluated.
Answered on Jul 19, 2015