Tavares, FL

Got hit in the ankle in the inside of my foot 4 days ago and now have bruising and swelling and cant put weight on it and if i put and kind of wrap on it or shoes it start to hurt more and having pain up to my knee?

Dr. Dan Fisher
XR: Probably need an XR at this point.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Scott Keith
Podiatry 46 years experience
No dilly dallying.: The initial treatment plan for these injuries is to elevate the foot and apply an ice bag to the area to stop and/or reduce the swelling. Do not apply any wrap or compression so as not to hurt the tarsal nerve in the area. It may have been involved. Obtain crutches for mobilizing and do not bear weight on the foot until it has been examined. Do not dilly dally on getting professional help.
Last updated May 19, 2016