AL

I had my cryosurgery a few days ago. i was told to expect a watery discharge but til now have not experienced any. is that normal? my doctor only froze my cervix for two minutes, was it suppose to be done longer?

Dr. Charles Whiting
Different protocols: Not everyone has a watery discharge. We warn people about it because it can otherwise be a bit of shock. There are different protocols for freezing the cervix. In my practice, I either use a single freeze that lasts 5 minutes or freeze for 3 minutes, allow it to thaw and then freeze again for 3 minutes. Best wishes!

Last updated Nov 28, 2017