i was in a car mva on may 7 15 i had a dislocated hip with fractures i had surgery on my hip i'm still having pain in my groin area should i get ref?

Dr. Blake Miller
13 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Follow-up: Hip dislocations associated with acetabular fractures are challenging injuries to treat. My assumption is that your surgeon still has you on weight-bearing restrictions as I don't let my patients progress with weight-bearing for 3 months after their surgery. Groin pain indicates true hip pain, but these injuries can take 1-2 years to get to an optimal outcome as long as there is no recurrent
Answered on Jul 10, 2015
1
Dr. Blake Miller
13 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Provided original answer
Instability or avascular necrosis of the femoral head, leading to rapid progression of arthritis.
Jul 10, 2015