TX

i have a hard bump on my rib cage i dont know if its a tumor because i have been having that bump seens i can remember but lately its been hurting?

Dr. Aruna Mani
Medical Oncology 19 years experience
You need an exam: If it is a new finding along your rib, you need a plain xray to start with.
Dr. Erik Borncamp
Wound care 25 years experience
More info: Is it as hard as the bone? does it move above the bone or is it fixed to the rib? how long has it been there? There is more info that is needed. You should have an MD take a look. Most things that you would feel would be benign (NOT cancer) but it is hard to know without a biopsy.
Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 64 years experience
Not malignant: Whether soft tissue or osseous in origin, malignant tumors on or near the rib cage will continue to grow. One notes that the benign more anterior lesions of rib cage present at the costo chondral junction, the area where the rib joins the cartilage of the breast bone. Here swellings are frequent reaching a certain size at which time they stop growing but present as a stable mass