Perry, AR

because of my anxiety and panic attacks i haven't been able to live my life in over a year. i constantly feel out of it and like i'm about to die. ?

Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Don't lose hope: Good news is effective treatment options are available, which include medication options and cognitive behavioral therapy for panic - best outcomes come from combined treatment. First place to stop might be your family doc for eval and referral. If panic prevents you from getting to the doctor, consider consulting one of the health tap doctors or psychiatrists if they are available in your state.
Dr. Donald Gieck
Clinical Psychology 14 years experience
Provided original answer
Jul 7, 2015
Dr. Annita Jones
Clinical Psychology 26 years experience
Panic attacks: often cause people to feel as if they're dying. People go to the ER fearing they're having a heart attack. Hope you're seeing a therapist and a good psychiatrist for management of the symptoms and coping tools. Medication can be of great benefit. Best thing to do in a PA is lie down and tell yourself you've had these before and it will end. Wait for the fight/flight reaction to pass.