U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 17-year-old female asked:

Teen.noticed for yr or 2 that one of my eyelid has..a line and the other eye looks completely open-normal. & to me seems like one eye is bigger? help?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
50 years experience
Eye problem: That could be dropped upper eyelid ( ptosis), it can be congenital or can develop later in life due to weakness of the muscles of eyelids, or 7th nerve palsy, so you need to see your doctor or ophthalmologist. Good luck
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nadia Ghattas
undefined 50 years experience
Provided original answer
You should ask your ophthalmologist if you actually have any problem with your eyelids, what caused it, does it affect your vision, what are the treatment options? Is surgery one of the options? If treated can it come back? Wishing you the best.
Jul 6, 2015
Last updated Jul 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.