Golden Valley, AZ

i feel very off, like nothing looks real, i think it's depersonalization. my primary and mental health doc says it's from labyrinthitis and won't give me ssris. i feel like i'm dying. what can i do?

Dr. Richard Zimon
More info: needed.....Why do you mention SSRI ???? Were you taken off??? It seems to me that your feelings are very important and are more likely to be ACCOMPANIED by inner ear symptoms than to be the RESULT of such a disorder! If you were on SSRIs and were recently taken off the withdrawal may be causing your symptoms! Hope this helps! Good Luck Dr Z
Dr. Lynne Weixel
Clinical Psychology 36 years experience
Intensive Therapy: Here is a page of listings in your area: http://www.yellowpages.com/golden-valley-az/mental-health-center Call one ASAP, if it's not a match, call another. You'll be evaluated and provided w/ more direct help than pills alone can do. Please do it. You'll find the right stuff in time.
Dr. Matthew Smith
SEcond opinion: YOu disagree with your doctor. YOu can ask your doctor for the name of another doctor, an ENT specialist or a psychiatrist, for another opinion. You can also go to other sources for a name.
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 40 years experience
Nutrition is: An additional route you can take. Stick with your docs and add a food allergy lab panel. Great Plains lab in KS has a good one. How pis the quality of your lifestyle, diet and exercise? Peace and good health.