I was told i had low vitamin d, blood trace in my urine and protein in my liver. what are the possibilities and what is most likely?

Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 28 years experience
Interpreting doctors: Hi the 'protein in my liver' part of your question does not make much sense. But, we now know that every human needs to have a good level of vitamin d in our bodies. We do not get much of this from the sun and so it is wise to start and stay on a daily vitamin d. Blood in the urine is usually a sign of a bladder infection. If the bleeding increases or you are a smoker you need further tests.
Dr. Derrick Lonsdale
Preventive Medicine 73 years experience
Low vit D: Is now known to be responsible for a lot of serious disease. It is not just a "bone vitamin" and affects every cell in the body. You need heavy replacement and as soon as the sun is ready for sun bathing start slowly to get a tan. You make your own vit d from the action of sunlight on skin.

Last updated Apr 5, 2013