U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Mason, OH
A 19-year-old male asked:

Something stuck under the skin of the palm of my hand? what kind of doctor do i go to?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ivelisse Rivera-Godreau
Family Medicine 26 years experience
My suggestion...: My suggestion is to go and see your primary care doctor who can determine the need of a specialist intervention. Depending on what this is it could be something that can only be observed and followed, maybe it may need a Dermatologist evaluation or a Hand Surgeon. It all depends on what it is, how big it is and where it is located specifically in the palm of your hand.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.