U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old female asked:

Should i go to the e.r.? severe gallbladder pain, diagnosed with stones and sludge-balls. awaiting surgery date.

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Andrea Lundell
A Verified Doctoranswered
Radiology 29 years experience
RUQ Pain: The presence of gallstones and/or sludge within the gallbladder does not necessarily mean you have acute cholycystitis. However, if you are having severe abdominal pain, especially within the right upper quadrant, and you have ANY fever, I would consider evaluation by a doctor, as soon as possible.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Atul Singh
Dr. Atul Singh commented
Nephrology and Dialysis 30 years experience
Your instinct are right. If you have severe pain seek help now. ER is ok to seek care. Also call the doc that u are seeing. Tell them u are on the way to the ER
Jun 16, 2015
Dr. Herman Hammerstead
A Verified Doctoranswered
Trauma Surgery 52 years experience
NOW: Sounds like time to move the surgical date up.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 17, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.