U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 26-year-old female asked:

I have a persistent, non-albicans vaginal yeast infection. i have been treated with itracanazole and boric acid. are there any other treatments?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Martin Raff
Infectious Disease 58 years experience
Candida: This depends entirely on the species of Candida and its potential sensitivity to antifungals. What is more, sometimes it may be difficult to eliminate Candida without co-treatment of your sexual partner. You must also be aware that difficulty in elimination of Candida may be a manifestation of immune deficiency. Have you been tested for HIV? See an infectious diseases expert. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 12, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.