how many days can you have red urine after eating beets? i ate them 3 days ago and my urine and stool is still reddish

Dr. Jeffrey Juchau
I do not know: the answer to your question, but you must have eaten a bunch of beets. There is no need to worry. Your body is still just excreting the pigment called betanin. Some people like you and me can not break this pigment down and this results in excretion of the pigment in stool and urine. How fast it passes depends on how fast you pass feces and also on the amount of fluids you drink.
Answered on Apr 21, 2018
2