NY

My dad had mrsa in april, cleared to go home and on vancomycin 2x/day for 1 month. going to see him with 8-mos. old baby july 1. safe for baby?

Dr. Gloria Walker
MRSA: If you are concerned about this. I would have your father discuss it with his doctor to find out if you should bring your daughter. Some people can become carriers of MRSA but to give you that information, I would need more information about your father's infection. We also may have an infectious disease expert who could give you a better answer.
Dr. Richard Roberts
Yes: If the MRSA were still active he would still be in the hospital. You can always use alcohol gel on your babies hands, And you could even ask grandpa to take a "bleach bath" before you arrive. That's one cup of bleach in the bathtub. Immunologists recommend them for people who keep colonizing with Staph
Last updated Jun 8, 2015