my toe is still black ten days after displaced fracture. is there any chance of vascular compromise? also, feels like my foot is being crushed.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Austin Yeargan
23 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Unlikely: Displaced phalangeal fracture bleeds into the tissue quite a bit. crush feeling is likely pressure phenomenon from internal splint effect of swelling. Keep it elevated about six inches above your heart level.
Answered on Nov 27, 2017
1
Dr. Robert Uyeda
44 years experience General Surgery
Depends on: degree of displacement and degree of crush injury to soft tissue. Get to an orthopedic surgeon for definitive treatment. Soft tissue loss, especially skin, of foot is a serious impairment.
Answered on Jun 8, 2015