MI

I am a year old female and i have had my period for over two month now and it is just continuing to get heavier as time goes on. is this normal/safe?

Dr. Mary David
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
No: Bleeding for over2 months is neither normal nor safe especially if it is getting heavier. You need to see your PCP, GYN, or an urgent care clinic immediately to address this. You can become extremely anemic and have serious consequences. Be safe. Get in to be seen today.
Dr. Ayisha Gani
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Irregular periods: Having flow for 2 months is not normal, You may have hormonal imbalance and anovulation. You may become anemic form this. see your gynecologist to get it treated

Last updated Jun 5, 2015