Cottonwood, CA

I've been having a fever (99.7-100.9) every night for 4 months, i've been on humira (adalimumab) over a year for crohn's, in complete remission. negative to lupus or ra. the only other symptom i have is night sweats, and fatigue and back pain.

Dr. Shahruq Sarela
Fevers: this is a BIG concern. Taking Humira (adalimumab) a auto-immune suppressant weakness your immunity. You may be having an infection, and your body can not fight it because your on Humira (adalimumab). I would go to the hospital and get evaluated in the ER now.
Dr. John Feola
CROHNS ON HUMIRA (adalimumab): That is good news the CROHNS is in remission. I would recommend an exam and retesting of labs. Recheck autoimmune panel/Thyroid screen/sarcoidosis screen/Immunoglobulin levels. HUMIRA (adalimumab) can sometimes weaken the immune system and cause diseases to reactivate(TB/Fungal Infection ). Discuss tapering HUMIRA (adalimumab) , it rarely has been linked to Lymphoma. If SX. Persist CT OF CHEST/ABD/PELVIS IS WARRANTED.

Last updated May 26, 2015