MA

During my menstrual cycle i get painful cramps and its painful to pee the first couple days but then when my period ends i feel fine. is this abnormal?

Dr. Natalie Sieb
No: No, I have heard this complaint before. I think for some women the uterus just contracts so badly at times that it also causes the bladder to contract, causing painful bladder syndrome and thus painful urination for a short time, which sounds like what you are describing. Although not a lot of women experience it this badly, there are definitely some, so you are not alone. I wish you the best.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 23, 2015