Republic of Korea

I have a broken bone in my wrist for 2 years,i didn't feel much pain so i didn't know it was broken until few months ago i checked. does it ever heal?

Dr. Mark Dickson
General Surgery 23 years experience
Already has: There is a condition called nonunion of a fracture, but if you're not having any symptoms from it, nothing needs to be done.
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Depends: If your bone remained stable enough for the healing process to occur then it could be healed up. If there was a lot of movement around the break then it may not have healed. Your doctor should be able to look at the xray of the bone and tell you if it has healed.

Last updated Aug 4, 2015