U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Vineland, NJ
A 20-year-old female asked:

I am 19 years old and i have been shaving my private area since i was was 16 and it has left me with ingrown hairs which caused scarring. it definitely makes me insecure about going swimming or even changing clothes . do you know of any way to get rid of

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 52 years experience
Tough question: That must be quite distressing for you. Don't delay but have your doctor refer you to a Dermatologist as soon as possible.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 12, 2015
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.