hello my eyelid keeps swelling up when i wake up in the morning . my eye lid does go down but instead i have been having my eyelid going red and sore?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Allergies?: Swollen eyelids can be due to allergies. Have you changed soaps, lotions, room sprays or candles, detergents or fabric softeners? Is the swelling in both eyes or just one? Try an antihistamine, like diphenhyrdramine or Naphcon-A allergy eye drops, to see if the swelling goes away. If so, stop the new product. If not, it might be infection and you need to get seen soon.
Answered on May 10, 2015