My eye when i wake up in the morning has yellow crust on my upper eyelid and the side of my left eye is red and sore i thought it was pink eye and i asked my school nurse and she said it wasn't help me please thank you

Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
Ophthalmology 46 years experience
There : There is probably no way for the nurse to be sure of the diagnosis. This could be anything from an allergic conjunctivitis to something bacterial. If not better in the next 24 hours, i would see an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Dr. William Goldstein
Ophthalmology 32 years experience
There : There are many problems that can cause your symptoms, as the other docs mentioned. Allergy is a little less likely, because it usually affects both eyes at the same time. For temporary relief, use some over-the-counter tear drops, or a 'get-the-red-out' drop for one or 2 days. If your vision is blurry, or if you have pain or increasing swelling, you should see medical care immediately.
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kimanswered
Ophthalmology 23 years experience
Crusting : Crusting is a sign that your eye is trying to heal. It can be from an infection, debris or allergan in the eye. It is not possible to diagnose without a slit lamp (microscope used by an eye doctor). If it continues, you should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist.

Last updated Oct 4, 2016