my eye when i wake up in the morning has yellow crust on my upper eyelid and the side of my left eye is red and sore i thought it was pink eye and i asked my school nurse and she said it wasn't help me please thank you

3 doctor answers
Dr. Jeffrey Whitman
44 years experience Ophthalmology
There : There is probably no way for the nurse to be sure of the diagnosis. This could be anything from an allergic conjunctivitis to something bacterial. If not better in the next 24 hours, i would see an ophthalmologist for diagnosis and treatment.
Answered on Oct 3, 2016
3
Dr. William Goldstein
30 years experience Ophthalmology
There : There are many problems that can cause your symptoms, as the other docs mentioned. Allergy is a little less likely, because it usually affects both eyes at the same time. For temporary relief, use some over-the-counter tear drops, or a 'get-the-red-out' drop for one or 2 days. If your vision is blurry, or if you have pain or increasing swelling, you should see medical care immediately.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016
Dr. John Kim
Dr. John Kim answered
21 years experience Ophthalmology
Crusting : Crusting is a sign that your eye is trying to heal. It can be from an infection, debris or allergan in the eye. It is not possible to diagnose without a slit lamp (microscope used by an eye doctor). If it continues, you should be evaluated by an ophthalmologist.
Answered on Oct 4, 2016