when my period was about to start i had brownish spotting for two days and then it stopped. i have not had vaginal intercourse but i've had anal sex and have had semen touch my genitals. might i be pregnant?

Dr. Brian Nguyen
11 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Highly unlikely: although you cannot get pregnant by having anal sex, having seen and touched your genitals is risky. that being said, the fact that you had bloody discharge from your vagina is reassuring and you are unlikely to be pregnant. If you miss a period in the future, take a pregnancy test. Consider birth control for its other benefits such as decreasing acne and your risk of cancer.
Answered on May 13, 2015