Montgomery, Alabama

yes i have condition when i am eating and try to open my mouth my jaw locks up what can cause this.

Dr. Suzanne Galli
ENT and Head and Neck Surgery 24 years experience
See a dentist: you might start with a visit to your dentist to evaluate your bite
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Disc: The disc in your jaw joint is slipping out of position. See a Dentist who has expertise in managing temporo-mandibular joint dysfunction syndrome (TMJ/TMD).
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
See OFP ASAP: The Orofacial Pain practitioners provide diagnosis and treatment of lock jaw, pain in the head, temple, face and TMJ. They are the experts in TMJ and chronic face and head pain. See OFP specialist near you.
Dr. Hilary Baskin
Orthodontics 28 years experience
TMJ: sounds like TMJ issues. Depending on severity this may not be able to be addressed, or may be remedied through warm wet compresses and massage (and there are a host of other possibilities in between). Anyone who PROMISES they can fix this for you is not the right choice as there is no 100% solution for TMJ, but find a dentist who can help explain the issue through x-rays and then start simple
Dr. Howard Schneider
Pediatric Dentistry 34 years experience
TMJ dysfunction: The muscles and ligaments that cause your jaw to move are not working smoothly. If you chew gum stop. Eat softer foods next 2-3 weeks. Apply moist heat to the joint area. Stress plays a big role in triggering TMJ problems. Find activities to help reduce your stress level. See your dentist for more detailed help.