U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

My ear has been really irritated,but today i cant hear at out of it and it hurts sometimes a fluid comes out.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Suspect infection: Fluid can be from the middle ear compartment if the eardrum has perforated, which is often related to infection or from the outer ear compartment related to inflammation/infection. Recommend getting it looked at to determine cause and appropriate treatment.
Last updated Oct 19, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.