IN

does urine really cure athlete's foot?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 31 years experience
No: Antifungal cream most common aling with dry environment for feet

How can you get bladder cancer if you're constantly urinating?

Dr. Simon Kimm
Urology 16 years experience
In other ways.: The development of bladder cancer has little to do with the frequency of urination. It has everything to do with changes to the lining of the bladder, mostly due to exposure to toxins in the urine, such as from cigarette smoke & industrial chemicals. Inherited genetic factors play a role as well. For those that have developed bladder cancer, one of the symptoms can be frequent urination.

What are some things that cause outer ankle pain?

Dr. Eric Lullove
Podiatry 19 years experience
Tear of...: First degree sprain - is a tear of only a few fibers of the ligament (in this case, the anterior-tibial fibular ligament) the atfl. It's also known as a "strain" and caused from a rapid inversion injury of the ankle or "rolling" the ankle inside, such as stepping off a curb the wrong way.

I was playing frisbee barefoot and it was raining. During the game, the tops of my feet started to itch and little red bumps developed. What should I do?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
Dermatitis: You probably developed a dermatitis, which is a skin rash from excessive moisture to the top of the foot. You may want to try an over the counter cortisone cream. If this does not eradicate the problem, see your podiatrist.
Columbia, SC

My littlt toe on the left foot is painful what could be causing it to hurt?

Dr. Randy Lisch
Podiatry 38 years experience
Various answers: This could be due to a broken toe, or a corn on the toe or an ingrown toenail. Please see your local podiatrist for the answer and treatment. This is usuallly a condiition that is easily and quickly treated in the doctors office.

Is it true that the presence of sugar in urine always indicate sugar diabetes?

Dr. Gutti Rao
Hospital-based practice 46 years experience
Most of the time: Presence of sugar in urine most often indicates diabetes mellitus. Very rare causes- benign glycosuria, pregnancy, kidney transplant patients.

Last updated Mar 24, 2016