U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Piscataway, NJ
A 24-year-old female asked:

I peel pieces of hard skin from my scalp. it looks like small thick brown circles. my scalp also itches even though it's washed what could this be?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Michael Kleerekoper
A Verified Doctoranswered
Endocrinology 52 years experience
Peeling skin: The ideal is to see a Dermatologist but they often have a long wait time. If that is the case please have your regular doctor try and have you squeezed in to Dermatology. Usually works.
Last updated May 7, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.