Denmark

My cd4/cd8 ratio is low (0.6) but my leukocyte count is going up over time, now just above labs range. what does it suggest?

Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Low cd4/cd8: Normal ratio for cd4/cd8 is 2.0, so yours is low. By leukocyte, do you mean WBC as part of the CBC? Do you know the total lymphocyte count? The ratio indicates that you either have low CD4 count or a high CD8 count. This may be transient in response to acute infection or due to chronic inflammatory process. Since much more info about your medical scenario is needed, recommend virtual consult.
Last updated May 26, 2015