Easton, PA

heartburn after eating eggs or bacon? i had my gallbladder removed last year is that the cause or my cholesterol

Dr. David Lipkin
Reflux: Fatty foods can decrease the strength of contraction of the lower esophageal spinster(LES).The LES is an area of muscle in the distal esophagus that normally stays contracted to prevent reflux of stomach contents backwards up the esophagus. It usually opens only to let food pass. So eating fatty foods can contribute to GERD and heartburn. When acid reaches the esophagus it irritates it = heartburn

Last updated May 4, 2015