U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 18-year-old female asked:

I have vitiligo and i need help. i've tried steroid creams and uv light therapy but patches still come back. it has been affecting my mental health and daily activities. is there any other treatment that i can try? thank you.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Corey Clay
Allergy and Immunology 11 years experience
Yes: There are other treatments that may include topical tacrolimus, higher potency steroids or even immunomodulatory drugs such as cyclosporin. See a dermatologist or immunologist with experience treating vitiligo and other chronic autoimmune illnesses. Best wishes.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 4, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.