my tsh is .005, t4 free is normal (1.41) t3 (liothyronine) is high (245) & t3 (liothyronine) free serum high (5.8), tsi normal, do i need treatment asap? drugs or i-131?

Dr. Paul Kaplowitz
44 years experience Pediatric Endocrinology
Needs watching: I have seen this often and with hyperthyroidism the free T4 is almost always elevated so your normal level is reassuring even though the T3 (liothyronine) is a bit high. If you don't have a large thyroid or symptoms such as rapid heart rate and sweating, Often the TSH will return to normal on its own and if the next free T4 is high you can be started on medication then.
Answered on Apr 29, 2015