Granville, WV

Left knee medial compartment joint replacement hardware with abnormal uptake of tracer in the medial left femoral condyle proximal to the prosthesis.

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 30 years experience
Varies : It varies in part on the type of scan you underwent and the timing of when your knee replace my was done as well. A standard bone scan will light up with increased bone activity and would be concerning for loosening, infection, or fracture. A white blood labeled scan that lights up whilst be concerning for infection. I would discuss with your surgeon.
Last updated Apr 30, 2015