U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 24-year-old male asked:

Hey i shave down in my male parts i think i got ingrown hairs a b thry kinda hurt what should i do?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Philip Miller
A Verified Doctoranswered
Family Medicine 49 years experience
Folliculitis: First- STOP SHAVING and THROW AWAY YOU OLD RAZOR. You can use a thin layer of Neosporin ointment and I would advise disposable razors after this clears up ( at least 7-10 days). If not improved see your dermatologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 28, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.