U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 35-year-old female asked:

Ok so i dont shave down there ever but have like i think ingrown hair above pubic hair left side its purple tender to touch hurts bad plz advise!!

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Patrick Kohlitz
Internal Medicine 13 years experience
Warm compress: You may have an ingrown hair or "folliculitis'. It may help to warm a wet cloth and press it against the area to improve blood flow and assist your body in fighting an infection. Sometimes, an ingrown hair will go away on its own, other times, antibiotics are needed. See a doctor if the lesion doesnt go way or increases in size.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 16, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.