AZ

i have a infected boil on my right mid upper thigh. it drained last night and is red and tender to touch. it's now hurting to walk. home treatment? or

Dr. Alvin Lin
Geriatrics 30 years experience
Antibiotics: While we recommend heat/warm compresses for infection and cold/ice packs for injuries, this is home treatment is only a temporizing measure, intended just for a day or two. After that, should you not be feeling better, and definitely if you are getting worse, it's to seek definitive medical attention eg evaluation & treatment as appropriate. Don't wait to get even worse as this could be deadly.