Australia

I have a hard lump under the skin on my middle finger tip, my doctor has sent me to have an ultra sound but i'm just wondering what it could be, it has grown over the past year, it's now painful, it is the size of half my fingertip. thanks?

Dr. Kathy Robinson
Cyst: Sometimes cysts form in the fingers, different types of cysts. Sometimes they are attached to a tendon and that is called a tendon sheath cyst. If it is that large you may need to have it removed so it is good that you are getting the ultrasound. Usually it is nothing dangerous, just can be very annoying.

Last updated Aug 24, 2017