NM

I refused to take ciprofloxacin and the dr. substituted bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim). he thinks i have an infection in my prostate. no burning when urinating. achy hips.

Dr. Yash Khanna
AskYourDoctorSeeUrol: You have to have had some symptoms suggestive of Prostatitis for him/her to treat you for prostate infection,and may be he cultured prostatic fluid Symptoms of Prostatitis are pain during urinion and frequency and urgency.pain during ejaculation,repeated bladder infections It dependsif you have acute or chronic prostatitis. If your doctor did not explain why you are on Bactrim, (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim)consult a urologist
Last updated Apr 23, 2015