U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old male asked:

Hi, i am suffering from tics, like involuntary movements of eyes, for the past 2 yrs, it's discontinues , comes and goes. is there treatment for it?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Kelly Condefer
A Verified Doctoranswered
22 years experience
Treatment of tics: Does sound like tics- they come and go (usually get worse when under stress or a new situation), and they can even change in type over time (like go from eye rolling to blinking to facial twitches, to clearing throat). If they are disruptive enough, medications like clonidine, topiramate, and others do help but can have side effects like drowsiness.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 4, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.