NY

I take 20mg lipitor, (atorvastatin) my cholesterol was222 but is under 100 now. should i stop taking this statin. i want to take moringa. is it safe to take the 2?

Dr. Joel Gorfinkel
Cardiac Electrophysiology 58 years experience
Moringa?: Had to look up Moringa. It is an herbal tea that is supposed to help a whole host of ailments. could not find any contraindications to use with any specific drug. Probably ok to use with lipitor, (atorvastatin) a statin. Ck with nutritionist. You got a remarkable reduction in your cholesterol with only 20 of Lipitor (atorvastatin). Check with ur doc if dose appropriate 4 u. Need to know ur LDL & HDL before & since therapy.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 3, 2015