Green Bay, WI

I am 541. nonspecific white matter t2 hyperintensities.i was told this was normal. should i seek a 2nd opinion?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 37 years experience
Common finding: With regard to obtaining a second opinion, my first question would be why did you have an MRI performed in the first place ? Did you review the MRI with your neurologist ? Where are the white matter hyperintensities situated ? Was the MRI an appropriate study for your condition?
Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 34 years experience
This is a: common incidental finding as we age. The significance depends on the number and distribution of the hyperintensities, interpreted in the context of your clinical picture. Talk to your doctor about it. Most commonly, there is little or no clinical significance to this finding.
Last updated Jul 27, 2018